Sunday, January 3, 2010

215th Meeting of the American Astronomical Society

This week, I'm doing a poster session at the 215th American Astronomical Society meeting in Washington DC.  The poster is titled Crank Astronomy as a Teaching Tool?" and is based on material I've presented, or plan to present, on this blog.  Hopefully I'll get some useful feedback from people dealing with some of these issues in the classroom.

If anyone following this blog is at the meeting, feel free to drop by and say hello.

Update, January 4, 2010: Several people have reported that the link to the specific presentation above does not seem to work. Alternatively, you should be able to navigate through the abstract database. The entry point is here. Go to Wednesday, January 6 link. The session is 468: New Media and the Universe Online and the entry is 468.07.
Update 2, January 4, 2010: Okay.  That doesn't seem to work either.

3 comments:

Jon Voisey said...

I didn't see this one listed on the ones being webcast. I'm assuming there's no coverage for it?

The topic sounds like something I've thought about from time to time and I'd love to see the presentation.

W.T."Tom" Bridgman said...

Jon,

I'm just a poster presentation. I'm hoping to get some interesting feedback to enhance the overview that I giving.

Actually, I'm also looking for collaborators who are willing to try out some of these ideas in classrooms - at high-school level and higher. Hint...hint. :^)

Jon Voisey said...

I'm currently only teaching a math & computers course, but looking to move into science education (mostly physics). Perhaps I'll have a chance to try out some of your ideas in the next school year.

So...What Happened?

Wow.  It's been over eight years since I last posted here... When I stepped back in August 2015,...