Saturday, February 20, 2010

Things slowly returning to normal...

I've been a little busy of late.  Between the first and second waves of “Snowmageddon”, a roof leak developed that rendered my home office and our dining room unusable.  This has disrupted my usual sessions of quiet time where I would compose these posts.  I hope to return to regular posting in the coming week as the leak has been patched and the floor and carpet are finally drying out sufficient to return furniture to a usable arrangement.   Then we need to make arrangements for more robust repairs.

For those who want to claim that these snowfalls are 'proof' that Global Warming (AKA Climate Change) are a hoax, one should note that warmer air holds more water (Wikipedia: Relative Humidity)  so precipitation events will tend to be more intense.  The concerns that such warming would favor more intense storm formation (of all types) is something I recall hearing back in the early 1990s with hurricanes Hugo and Andrew.  Back then, insurance companies became interested in climate change for its potential impact on their bottom-lines.

You also might enjoy:
Bob Grumbine's “Three Feet of Global Warming” and “Cloud-Temperature Feedback”

A couple of other worthwhile items on the topic:
"Heavy snowfall in a warming world"
and on a more light-hearted note:
"It’s Snowing Today, Therefore Climate Change Is a Myth and Al Gore Is a Fraud"

No comments:

So...What Happened?

Wow.  It's been over eight years since I last posted here... When I stepped back in August 2015,...